Wednesday, February 24, 2016

QUICK VASE MAKEOVER



We are still working on so many projects around the house. However we took a break last weekend.

I didn't want to tackle any big projects, but I felt the need to do something.  I took a look at all my projects in waiting that are in the garage and I saw a vase I had gotten from Goodwill months earlier.

I saw the vase on the table behind some junk projects, and decided to dust it off and finally get around to making it pretty.




I liked the shape of the vase, but the pink and blue. Ugh!  My plan was to paint it,  but somehow I never got around to it and it sat in the garage collecting dust.  

I had some white spray paint on hand and it took three coats of paint and this is how it looks now.

















I think it looks a lot better.   No more pink and blue. 



I was too lazy to go out and get fresh flowers so I had some silk ones and gave it a try.  I think it will look great with some fresh flowers.  Now I just have to find the perfect spot for it.  

Not bad for a 10 minute DIY.

No comments: