Friday, May 9, 2014

SEW WHAT

The other day a friend asked me if I had a sewing machine.  I thought for a moment and remembered that, yes I do have one.  As a matter of fact I've had my sewing machine for about six years.  Six years and have never used it, not even once.  So I went about trying to find this sewing machine that I knew I had and there it was on the top shelf in a closet.  I brought it because I was going to make some curtains.  Now I do know how to sew (at least I did) it has been quite a few years since I last used a sewing machine, well let's just say, when I last used one, big hair was in style, but hey, its gotta be like riding a bike, right?
So I dusted off my Brother sewing machine, which had a lot more bells and whistle than my Singer from back in the day, but I finally kinda figured it out and sewed a hem in some pants.  Well, not bad I thought, I still got it!
Impressed with my skills in sewing a hem, I'm determined to come up with a sewing project.  Curtains maybe?  I will keep you posted!

No comments: