Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Powder Room Makeover


This is our powder room  downstairs.   The bathroom was a disaster when we brought the house.  I don't have a picture of what it looked like, but trust me it was bad.  The previous owner had put in a shower, which bumped out into the garage.  To put it mildly it was gross and when I say gross, I mean you need a hazmat suit to go in there.  I must admit I'm a little embarrassed to post the pictures since it is so bad, but this is what it looked like when they started demolition.   You can see the shower in the back.  YUCK!




Our immediate solution was to keep the door closed and locked!  But now three years later we decided to finally tackle the powder room.   

My hubby along with a friend took out the shower and gutted it down to the studs.  After many weeks of nagging asking, he finally removed the toilet  and sink with the help of our son. 

We also removed the peel and stick vinyl tiles from the floor.  Those tiles did not want to come up, but we finally got it done.  




I will keep you  posted on the remodel.  We will be putting in new ceramic tile flooring, a new toilet and sink.  

In the meantime I will keep the door closed!

No comments: