Tuesday, April 29, 2014

MY FRONT DOOR

I always wanted to paint my front door, so on Sunday afternoon I embarked on a mission to paint my the door black.  Well, it sounded like it was doable, something that was going to be easy peasy.  Well, I sanded the door, it went quickly with my electric sander.  No problem, I was moving right along.  I cleaned the door, put on a coat of primer, now it was time to paint.  Here is a picture of my door before.   Not the worst looking door but I thought the black would really pop.


Before
Well I used Rustoleum black paint, which is an oil based paint.  Since I didn't bother forgot to read the directions to see how long it should dry between coats (2 to 4 hours), I was only able to get one coat on.   Since I thought it would be wise to close the front door when we went to bed, I let the one coat dry and then called it a night.  I don't have time to finish it during the week, so it will sit with one coat until this Sunday.  When my dear hubby saw the door he commented on how nice it looked  (with one streaky coat).  Really?  Here is a picture of the way the door looks now.  Good thing our house is set back from the street, so hopefully my neighbors won't wonder why our front door looks so bad right now.


One Coat of Paint


I will post more pics once it is done.  I guess I better get an early start this weekend!




No comments: