Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thrift Store Adventures

Recently, I decided to check out some thrift stores that were new to me.  My daughter wanted to go, I think she has the thrifting bug, but to my surprise my son also wanted to go, I think he was bored, his trip to Six Flags didn't happen.   So off we went to three different stores in the Atlanta area.

First I went to Last Chance Thrift Store in Chamblee.  They had some interesting things.  I didn't buy too much but I did manage to score a great deal on silverplated coasters.  I have been wanting some for a while and when I saw these, I scooped them up.  There were 8 in all.  With a little polish they'll be as good as new.



At another store (I can't remember the name) I was able to snag a set of Royal Doulton China.  I love this pattern.  The set wasn't complete but it was marked down to $20.00 so I couldn't resist, you can never have too much china.  Now I will be on the look out to complete the set.



Last, I went to B&R Thrift Store.  I got a rusty cart.  I think this will make a great Bar Cart.



This turned out to be a good thrifting trip.  I found some stores I will go back to and picked up some things I needed wanted.  I will start work on the bar cart soon and let you know how it turns out.



No comments: